New Store Hours • Changes to Deliveries
Safety Precautions to Flatten the Curve
At Bow Street Market, our customers are like family.
And like you, during these last few weeks we’ve been focused on doing all the things we need to do to keep our families safe and healthy. We believe that everyone deserves to have access to fresh, affordable food and essentials, especially in times of uncertainty. That’s why our team is working so hard to keep the market clean, open and stocked. That’s why we took the precautionary step to limit the number of cold, flu, paper products, and pantry staples…so everyone can have access to the items they need. We initiated a plan to help flatten the curve, and we continue to monitor the rapidly evolving situation. We’re following guidance from federal, state and local agencies, including the CDC and other health organizations.
• New Store Hours Effective Today: Open Daily, 7am – 7pm
• Deliveries are temporarily suspended except for our existing home care customers
• New customers age 60+ and individuals identified by the CDC as being at high risk, please shop online. Visit www.shopbow2go.com for curbside pickup or email email@example.com to explore other options. Be sure to include your name and phone number.
Here are the steps we’re taking to protect our customers and associates:
In Our Stores
- Cleaning commonly used areas more often, including cashier stations, credit card terminals, conveyor belts and food service counters.
- Sanitizing restrooms more frequently and restocking with supplies.
- Adding extra hand sanitizer at cashier stations & food service counters.
- Wiping down shopping carts, baskets and equipment.
- All samplings and tastings have been suspended.
- Limiting high demand items such as medications, paper products, and pantry staples.
- All self service stations have been filled with pre-packaged take away items.
- Partnering with our suppliers to replenish high-demand preparedness products.
- Continuing to provide our customers with disinfectant wipes at our store entrances to sanitize their shopping carts or baskets.
- We are taking orders for parking lot pick-up. Place your order at www.shopbow2go.com.
For Our Associates
- All essential hourly members of our team will receive an extra $2/hr. in compensation during the Maine declared State of Emergency.
- Encouraging our associates to closely monitor their health and well-being.
- If needed, verifying health screenings, doctors notes & temping employees to insure our team is healthy.
- Requiring gloves to be worn for all fresh food handling and at check out stations.
- Providing a dedicated rest area for breaks.
- Asking our associates to stay home if they, or someone in their household, are sick.
- Providing financial resources, contacts, and information to associates who may be directly affected.
Four Our Customers
- Please follow the CDC recommended distance of 6 feet from others.
- Shopping trips should not include the entire family.
- Individual shoppers are preferred over couples, families, & groups.
- Limiting the duration of your trip will help in lowering the number of folks in the store at any one time.
- Wipes & sanitizers are available for your safety and the protection of others.
- Do not bring your own reusable bags.
- We will bag your groceries in paper totes and waive the mandatory 5 cent fee.
- We are not taking any bottles or glass jar returns until further notice.
- Please follow the CDC’s suggested hygiene practices to reduce the spread of the virus.
- If you’re not feeling well and are in need of goods, please reach out to a friend, family member or neighbor.
- Please be patient, be kind to each other and only visit if you are feeling completely well.
As an essential service, our team needs your help to flatten the curve. Please share in the responsibility. Now is the time for all of us to come together and help one another. With a rapidly changing and uncertain environment, we will continue to strive to make decisions that balance the safety of our associates with our commitments to our customers and community.
Thank you for understanding and being a loyal customer.
Adam & Sheila Nappi